Sunday, July 17, 2011
Cognitive Dissonance in women :) (free observation)
ah yes, the infamous cognitive dissonance. i finally got the chance to talk about you. the very idea that keeps people in line, and a bit insane. I would not want to sound very misogynistic but I notice this more with girls than with boys. More often that not, men are not conformists. They have their own thing and they prefer to keep to themselves. Women, however, choose to be more "in" than men. As what my girl friend told me, girls do not dress to impress guys, but to impress other girls. Well, true enough, men won't think about what girls are wearing as we have no idea about style or anything; but other girls will. Thus this becomes an avenue for subtle psychological cat fights. Girls who do not really dress flashy, start doing so because of the influences of other girls around them. This is not particular only in clothing. Girls can be confusing when asked what they want, especially in relationships. This has been one of the main reasons why my girl friend and I have fights sometimes. although, I do not solely blame her if we have fights. it's just that, it's hard to decode what she wants/needs in time before the fight goes way out of hand. i guess this is where the guy's patience and understanding is really tested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't agree. I think if you see cognitive dissonance in that way, then everyone has a certain amount of it. I mean you see all those guys walking around school.... dressing to make "pakita" in JSEC. It's not just the girls who are this way. I see what you're trying to say but I just don't think that you should discount men from this demographic.
ReplyDelete:)